Sunday, 2 March 2014

Cauliflower pizza



Last_Sunday I ate pizza for the first time in *counts fingers* five years. This particular pizza had a cauliflower base, which resulted in significantly less abdominal bloating than you would expect from a regular flour base pizza. It also tasted surprisingly good!



The only 'problem' with this pizza was that the base is not as stable as a regular pizza. Knives and forks were required to consume it. However, that's ok for me as I do not like to eat with my hands anyway.



Cauliflower pizza
I combined two recipes to make my cauliflower pizza; one from Sarah Wilson and one from The Fat Loss and Wellness Revolution.
This recipe makes one big pizza (the size of a baking tray - the one above) and a smaller one (the size of a plate - the pineapple pizza below).

What you need
  • 1 cauliflower
  • 2 eggs
  • 50g shredded cheddar cheese
  • 50g shredded mozarella cheese
  • Salt and pepper
  • Toppings - you choose
What you need to do
  1. Cut cauliflower into pieces and steam until soft (not too soft though).
  2. Let the cauliflower cool and press into a tea towel to drain excess water. Place into a food processor and process until it is 'crumbed'.
  3. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
  4. Place crumbed cauliflower into a bowl and mix in eggs and cheeses.
  5. Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the cauliflower mixture over it.
  6. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes until it is golden.
  7. Take the pizza base from the oven and place your toppings onto it. I used tomato paste, onion, mushrooms, bacon, tomato and pineapple.
  8. Bake for a further ten minutes.
Notes
  • I found the preparation of the base to be quite time consuming. I may prepare the base like this next time - process raw cauliflower, microwave and then squeeze out excess water.



Other stuff
I bought some watercolour pencils from the art shop the other week. I've been having lots of fun drawing/painting with them:)


And_I've_drawn some pictures using old fashioned lead pencil as well.

1 comment:

  1. I love pasta and pizza! This Cauliflower pizza seems interesting.... Thanks for sharing the ingredients and recipes. I found none like this pizza in Kiama Australia. Hope it is also served in hotels in Kiama.

    ReplyDelete